Steve spent 35 years as a publisher and media entrepreneur - principally for Time, Scholastic, and as CEO of five digital start-ups -- before attending law school. He is also the author of seven books - including three best-sellers -- and numerous articles. He regularly writes for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, City Journal, The Daily Beast and Forbes.
He co-chaired the Clinton White House literacy task force Prescription for Reading Partnership, serves as an Emeritus Director of Reach Out and Read, and is a Trustee of the United States Naval Institute Foundation.
Steve attended the United States Naval Academy, received his AB from Brown University and his JD cum laude from New York Law School, where he was a member of Moot Court. He is admitted to practice in New York.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. cum laude
- Honors: Moot Court, Member
- Brown University
- United States Naval Academy
- Writer, The New York Times
- Writer, The Wall Street Journal
- Writer, City Journal
- Writer, The Daily Beast and Forbes
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Co-Chaired, Clinton White House Literacy
Pro Bono Activities
- Emeritus Director of Reach Out and Read
- Trustee of the United States Naval Institute Foundation
- Co-Chaired, Clinton White House